Thursday, October 20, 2011

A very special weekend

October 21 marks the opening of Terra Nova - Polymer Art at the Crossroads at the Racine Art Museum. Although several museums have polymer pieces in their collections, this is the first permanent collection of polymer art at a major museum. The collection has a companion book and will kick off with a weekend symposium. The polymer world owes a huge thank you to Elise Winters, whose vision and determination to have polymer acknowledged as an art form (and RAM's Bruce Pepich for recognizing it) has made this all possible. I wish I could be there, but I have shows to do. In a way, it is a fitting tribute - the fact that I can make a living creating with polymer attests to the power of this versatile medium!









1 comment:

  1. I just got my catalog the other day. So beautiful and well written. Wish I could make it to see the show.

    ReplyDelete