Sunday, March 11, 2007

Inspiration

I'm no fashionista. As a matter of fact, I'm what you'd call a "uniform dresser". I tend to dress the same way, depending on the situation. When at shows, I'm usually in black or wear jeans with a white shirt. I call this my background outfit - it puts the focus on my jewelry - whether the jewelry is on me or on my displays. I absolutely hate shopping for clothes.

Nevertheless, my art and my business is jewelry design/fabrication and I have to keep up with current styles. I subscribe to W and Harper's Bazaar and read them as I would a trade journal. I'm also rather systematic when designing my new lines.

One of my favorite sources of inspiration is to take a designer piece that speaks to me and design around it. This spring, I was particularly taken by Jil Sander's stark charcoal grey suit with chartreuse shirt. The menswear influence is prevalent this season, and I like its severity and sleek lines.




I mixed the same colors in polymer and created earrings with an abstract design and contemporary lines.










And a bracelet with a primitive/ethnic motif.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing artist and I love seeing what you come up with. Nice blog!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete