Monday, February 11, 2008

Vacation Inspiration

There's nothing like a trip to the Yucatan if you want to explore texture, light and contrast. As I ambled through the gardens of Hacienda Xcanatun taking pictures of the lush vegetation, I was struck by the play of the green tropical foliage against the rich reds and yellows typical of Yucatecan structures. When I got back to cold and wintry Boston, I made up a few pendants to try to capture the feeling.


The pendants are done with my illustrated transfer technique on polymer clay, using pictures cut out of home decor catalogs. I then colored and altered the images to capture the flavor of the Yucatan.

1 comment:

  1. I like your pendants. Where can I find your transfer technique? I'm thinking of making some pendants from my floral photography.

    ReplyDelete